This time on The RotCast we talk about a wicked action sequel that should do just as well on Netflix as the first one. Seriously, if you just want to read the show notes and not listen to the episode, The Raid 2 kicks ass and you should see it if you’re into action movies.
1. Bad Religion - True North (1:55) 2. Isabel Barley - Don’t Let Me Go (original mix) (3:45) 3. EDU - For The Heart (Radio Edit) (3:47) 4. Robbie van Doe - Deception (Johann Stone Remix) (6:51) 5. Love N Frequency - Don’t Look Back (Original Mix) (8:04) 6. Sergey Nevone - Unhappy Marionette (NoBraiN Experimental Remix) (4:01) 7. Rene Ablaze & AxelPolo - Contact (Angel Ace Radio Edit) (3:53) 8. Essonita ft. Irina Makosh - Assure You (Gradian Dub Mix) (7:28) 9. Coheed & Cambria - Dark Side Of Me (5:02)
1. Jim Johnston - Special Op (2:52) 2. Ephemeral Mists - Secrets of the Skychamber (5:04) 3. Kaskade - Eyes (feat. Mindy Gledhill) (Kaskade’s ICE Mix) (3:30) 4. Blank & Jones with Jason Caesar - Pura Vida (3:37) 5. Blue Foundation - My Day (4:06) 6. Sunlounger feat. Zara - Lost (Chill Out Mix) (5:41) 7. The Synthetic Dream Foundation - Cerce’s Armoured Owls (3:43) 8. Sunlounger - White Sand (Chill Out Mix) (4:48) 9. ATB and Armin van Buuren - Vice Versa (6:41) 10. Faruk Sabanci - As Faces Fade (Domenico Cascarino & Luca Lombardi Chill Out Remix) (6:03) 11. John O’Callaghan feat. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Acoustic Mix) (4:16) 12. Sigmax - Let It Go (8:24) 13. Caesar - Jerk It Out (3:14)
This minisode of The RotCast is one of our TV episodes. We know that you all want to hear about The Walking Dead, so that’s right up front. After that we jaw on True Detective then chase that with a helping of House of Cards. It’s enough to make a man sick of serialized TV!
1. Bad Religion - Los Angeles Is Burning (3:25) 2. Tritonal feat. Phoebe Ryan - Now Or Never (Estiva vs Juventa Remix) (5:37) 3. Estiva - Next Level (Maor Levi Remix) (9:02) 4. A.M.R. - Sand Dunes (Estiva Remix) (8:12) 5. Anhken Pres. Fyrsta - If Not Me (Norin & Rad Remix) (6:47) 6. Aruna - Reason To Believe (Paris Blohm Remix) (5:15) 7. Speed Limits & T4L - Solar Guitar (Mario Ayuda & Chris Callado Remix) (7:00) 8. Will Holland Feat Jeza - Start Again (Juventa Remix) (8:10) 9. Deftones- Savory (Jawbox Cover) (4:35)
1. The Handsome Family - Far From Any Road (2:48) 2. NX-Trance - Stand By ([Original Mix]) (8:25) 3. Sebastian Brushwood - Oceania (Original Mix) (9:01) 4. Talla 2xlc, Sarah Russell - Build These Walls (Original Mix) (5:42) 5. The Cloudy Day - Way Of The Sun (TrancEye Remix) (8:25) 6. TrancEye - Supermoon (Mike Van Fabio Remix) (8:25) 7. Trapt - Bring It (Acoustic) (3:32)
The RotCast Minisode #7 – Knights of Dirties Are What We Are
On this minisode of The RotCast, we talk about three films to appear on Video on Demand services over the last 6 months give or take. You could call this a filler episode but rest assured we’re all organic, no preservatives.
1. Blue Oyster Cult – Harvest Moon (4:55) 2. Harmonic Rush – The Dark Side of Persia (Original Mix) (7:46) 3. Kaimo Kerge – 6 Ways to Sunday (Original Mix) (8:38) 4. Chapter Xj – Free (Original Mix) (8:09) 5. Andy Elliass – Love is the Answer (Original Emotional Mix) (8:22) 6. Mark Sixma – Character (Original Mix) (6:52) 7. Etasonic – Unrealized Dream (Original Mix) (9:01) 8. Johnny Cash – Ring of Fire (2:38)
On this minisode of The RotCast, we review the remake of Robocop. I gave the film MINUS THREE STARS and James thought it was an okay action movie. Yeah, I guess if you’re used to the water down pap Hollywood has been putting out the last 15 years. Try to feel something other than a slight burning sensation.
1. Foreigner – Feels Like The First Time (3:51) 2. C-Systems – Hard To Feel (Original Mix) (7:46) 3. Armin Van Buuren Ft. Trevor Guthrie – This is What it Feels Like (3:25) 4. Yahel – You Feel (Day.Din Radio Edit) (3:22) 5. Kamilo C featuring Rosli – Feel the Pleasure (6:26) 6. Noisecontrollers – Feels So Good (5:29) 7. Dark Soul Project – Feels Like Heaven (7:25) 8. Johnny Cash – I Feel Better All Over (2:04)
This minisode of the RotCast starts with a good case of why the found footage genre may be dead. I make the counter case that there’s still some life there, but it sure as hell isn’t found in Devil’s Due. We also talk a little about the Oscar nominations. Enjoy!
Oscar Chat including mini reviews of Dallas Buyer’s Club and Her
1. Blue Oyster Cult – Burnin’ For You (4:31) 2. Scot Project – P (Paradize) (Scot Project remix) (7:30) 3. Richard Durand & Pedro Del Mar – Paint The Sky (feat Roberta Harrison – Tom Cloud remix) (6:52) 4. Bastian Basic – Lost In Trance (Van Nilson remix) (5:58) 5. Purple Stories – Path To Nowhere (Ferry Corsten edit) (5:04) 6. Asi Givati – Massive (Dach8 remix) (6:14) 7. Van Nilson – Super Nova (7:35) 8. Deftones – What Happened To You? (3:53)
We start 2014 with the first of what should be many minisodes we produce. It’s an evolution of The RotCast, one that will transform us into the greatest show of all time. I think, though I could be wrong; I often am.
1. The Murph – The Radio (5:11) 2. DJ Kryst-Off & Money-G – Music Is My Life (MG Traxx mix) (5:42) 3. Max K – U Freak Me 2 0 (Manox remix) (5:20) 4. Danny Fervent – Daydream (8:03) 5. Grand K – Better Days (6:17) 6. Francesco Diaz & Jeff Rock & Young Rebels – Moin Moin (Francesco Diaz & Young Rebels version) (5:44) 7. Deftones – This Place Is Death (3:48)
The RotCast Episode #198 - The Desolation of the RotCast
We return after a 5 month hiatus to bring you one episode that should last another 5 months. We talk our Best and Worst of the year, review The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug, and even play a riveting game of WTNF. Hope this was worth the wait.
On Saturday, August 4th, I informed subscribers to The RotCast Digital Deluxe Edition that effective immediately The RotCast DDE was canceled along with their PayPal subscriptions. It is with more than a little regret that I announce today that The RotCast free show is also over.
I have struggled with depression for most of my life and earlier this year it became crippling. In late June I entered into a treatment program and got back on medication after 7 years of trying to cope without any. Needless to say, I have a long road ahead of me before my mind reaches a state that can be called “normal.” As the summer moved on I found that I couldn’t care less about watching movies and everything I do for the sake of this podcast was rote and automatic. Nothing was providing me with an escape and I found it harder and harder to focus an objective, analytical approach to talking about what is essentially escapist entertainment. Additionally, due to changes in family structure, living arrangements, and work schedules it was becoming increasingly difficult for James and I to get together to do something that I had become disillusioned with.
James and I have been friends since the 90’s, well before the podcast and the website. He’s my best friend and always will be. The podcast was just something we did to have something “on the schedule”, an excuse to hang out with each other. Decoupling the podcast does not destroy our friendship. It was great that people enjoyed listening to us talk about a shared hobby, but I was never really interested in being a movie critic. I think it should be fairly obvious that I’m more interested in doing skits and playing games than handing down a letter grade to a film. Not to mention, this year has kind of sucked for films in general. With the way things have gone it’s going to be easier to create a Top Worst list than a Top Best. No, that’s not an excuse to abandon the hobby but it does make it harder to have fun with it. If you’re going to do something fun on the internet it should be more for yourself than anyone else. When you no longer have fun and feel like you’ve become beholden to your audience it’s time to let go.
In any event, I do really appreciate the small audience we garnered over the last few years. Though we rarely received any sort of compliments and criticism (our audience is passive at best), I know there are people who included us in their listening schedules on a regular basis. At least, as regular as they could make it with our disjointed release pattern. In spite of a non-professional podcast being about hanging out with your friends and talking, an audience is what makes the experience more worthwhile. It is unfortunate that life’s ever changing variables can get in the way of things, but everything comes to an end sooner or later. Even though we often spoiled films you probably were on the bubble for, thank you for sticking with us regardless. I hope that what we produced over the last 6 or so years held something of value to you. It once did to me.
The RotCast Episode #197 - THE Return of THE RotCast
Well lookie here a podcast so fresh it’s still wriggling around in its packaging. Gross, right?
We trimmed some fat from the intro to make it more lean and therefore healthier to digest.
Pacific Rim - (James - A ; Dave - B)
The Conjuring - (James - B+ ; Dave - A)
The Wolverine - (James - B ; Dave - B+)
Miscellaneous Media That We Have Consumed
Dave: Shaknado (Checkpoint Challenge), Atlantic Rim, Annaleise: The Exorcist Tapes, Orange is the New Black (S1), The Walking Dead: 400 Days (PS3), The Ouija Experiment, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta)
James: Passion, Gambit, Burn (Doc), The Guilt Trip, Katy Perry: Part of Me (Doc), World War Z, Man of Steel, Cabin in the Woods, Despicable Me 2, Minecraft: The Story of Mojang (Doc), The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Grown Ups 2, Spartacus (TV)
This is the third of six planned Minisodes to be spread throughout the 21st century like relics of an egotistical age. This time we ran down the $250M bore fest known as The Lone Ranger. What were they thinking by sinking that much money into an IP no one was all that nostalgic for? But hey, if you like seeing grown men dragged through horse poop, then I guess this film is right up your alley.